MBA Mentoring Circle FAQs
What is the MBA Mentor Circles Program?
Our mentoring circles are groups of MBA members who meet at
least four times a year (once per quarter) in a confidential and
informal setting, to mentor and guide one another. Members have the
opportunity to both give and receive advice, share life
experiences, meet, network and discuss any topic that they feel is
appropriate within the group. A group is made up of eight to 12
people, with varying experience.
The goal of each mentoring circle is to offer MBA members a unique
program of invaluable resources, networking tools and professional
growth. MBA's mentoring circles will contribute to the professional
development of our legal professionals by:
- Connecting with our young lawyers to ensure they are prepared
for the responsible practice of law and are committed to
- Providing development tools to newly-admitted and senior-level
attorneys through peer mentoring, as well as offering new
viewpoints on the practice and business of law. This will allow
learning and growth and members will become better advocates for
- Networking tools for both young and senior level attorneys,
which result in a growth of business contacts.
- Offering support by answering questions, which both creates
business connections and increases activity within the MBA.
- Encouraging attorneys to participate more in the communities
they live and work.
Where do Mentor Circles meet?
MBA mentoring circles are arranged by county locations. Circles
have the option to set up meetings at a nearby restaurant, coffee
house or other location. Participants decide where meetings of the
circle will be held.
What are the requirements to join?
- During the 12-month calendar year circles are asked to meet
once a quarter (four times a year), beginning in September.
- Within each mentoring circle, each mentor must voluntarily
agree to offer advice and give guidance to any participating member
of the circle.
- The MBA Mentoring Circles Program requires participants to be
in good standing with the association at all times.
Why should I join?
How can I join?
All Mentoring Circle participants must be a member of the MBA.
Registration forms can be found online here.
We will contact you once we receive your completed form and have
assigned you to a circle. In the event a mentoring circle is full,
we will place your name on a wait list and add you to a circle as
space becomes available.