MBA Member-Get-A-Member Program FAQs
the program works
The Member-Get-A-Member program will run from November 1, 2012
to March 31, 2013.
For each new member you recruit, you will be entered into a raffle
to win AMEX gift card prizes up to $500. The more members you
recruit, the more chances you have at winning.
When referring a colleague, provide them with the
Member-Get-A-Member application found in the November issue of
Lawyers Journal, online at www.massbar.org/MemberGetMember or at MBA
offices in Boston and Springfield.
All colleagues referred to the MBA must complete the
Member-Get-A-Member application and mail it to:
Member-Get-A-Member, 20 West St. Boston MA, 02111. The name of the
member who made the referral must be included on the application in
the specified space.
tips for success:
- Promote the benefits of MBA membership -- Share the reasons why
YOU belong to the MBA with others.
- Connect with colleagues -- Invite your co-workers, colleagues
and friends to MBA programs, conferences and membership
- Keep MBA
Member-Get-A-Member application at your fingertips.
- Seasoned attorneys looking for ways to give back to the legal
- New lawyers eager for career advancement.
- Law students looking for additional ways of preparing for a
career in law.
Recruiting new members is about sharing your membership
experience with others. When you interact with fellow professionals
at work, in meetings, or during networking events, share why you
belong to the MBA and the benefits you've enjoyed.
You can refer them to www.massbar.org/MemberGetMember for more
- To participate, you must be an MBA member in good
- The campaign period runs from Nov. 1, 2012 to March 31,
- All new MBA member applications and membership dues must be
received by March 31, 2013 in order to be eligible toward the
- The raffle drawing will be held on or before April 5, 2013.
Winners will be notified by e-mail and announced on the MBA
- PRIZES (AMEX gift cards): Grand Prize-$500, Second Prize-$250,
- Any new member, who joins as a result of a referral by an MBA
member, as noted by filling in "referring member's name" and
"referring member e-mail" on the Member-Get-A-Member application,
will receive one additional free CLE, good for one year. (Excludes
- To receive credit for sponsoring a new member, the sponsor's
name must appear on the "referring member's name" line of the
Member-Get-A-Member application and the new member's dues must be
paid in full.
- There is no limit to the number of new members you can recruit.
The number of applications received determines the odds of
- Members participating in the campaign agree that the decisions
and rules outlined by the MBA are final and not open to
- Acceptance of prizes constitutes permission for the MBA to use
winners' names and likenesses for advertising, promotional and
other purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by
- The prizes are not transferable.