Thursday, Mar. 8, 2007
The Hon. Jay D. Blitzman, chair of the new Juvenile Justice Practice Group, spoke at last week's Annual Conference 2007 about recent developments in Juvenile Law.
Juvenile Justice Practice Group to hold first meeting March 12
The Criminal Justice Section has been asked by MBA President Mark D Mason to address issues related to juvenile justice. Towards this end, the Juvenile Justice Practice Group, chaired by Hon. Jay David Blitzman, has scheduled its first meeting of this year on Monday, March 12 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the MBA, 20 West St., Boston. All current members of the Criminal Justice Section are invited to attend and participate in this meeting.
Please [e-mail jstevens] indicating whether you are interested in becoming a member of this practice group and whether you will be attending the meeting on March 12. A proposed agenda for the meeting is listed below.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.
I. Introduction and welcome
II. Non-inclusive topics for consideration
- Juvenile C.O.R. I. reform
- MacArthur Foundation Children in Legal System Research
- Adequate attorney compensation in child welfare, delinquency, Y.O. cases
- Mental health service for adolescents
- Disproportionate Minority Contact (D.M.C.)
III. Legislative initiatives
- Data collection - Senator Barrios' bill
- Mental health reform - Representative Kahn's bill
- C.H.I.N.S. reform