Thursday, Mar. 8, 2007
Immigration Law Committee hosts telephone seminar on April 5
ICE, I-9s, States’ Employer Sanctions – What Every Immigration Lawyer Needs To Know
Course #: CJF07
Thursday, April 5, 2-3:30 p.m.
MBA, 20 West St., Boston
Topic: How to prepare for ICE raids and possible criminal prosecution.
- What rights do employers and employees have?
- When is the right time to involve employment and criminal counsel?
- Cooperating with the government – how far to go?
- How to handle workers you think are unauthorized
- What are the company’s potential penalties?
- Lesson learned from the Swift & Company raid.
Speakers: Cynthia J. Lange, Michael Aitken, Bruce Morrison, Gerri Ratliff and Lynn Shotwell. Additional speakers to be announced.
The cost to attend is $15. Payment can be made in advance by contacting Member Services at (617) 338-0530 or online at www.massbar.org. Walk-ins on the day of the seminar are also welcome.
For more information on how to join the Immigration Law Committee, contact Member Services at (617) 338-0530.
Roy Watson Jr., Esq., Bedford, committee chair