Thursday, Sep. 27, 2007
"How to Start and Run" seminar and GPSSF Conference highlight fall CLE schedule
How to Start and Run a Successful Solo or Small-Firm Practice
Course #: LPA08
Thursday, Oct. 25, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sheraton Needham Hotel, 100 Cabot St., Needham
Join us for a comprehensive, one-day seminar that features practical advice on what you need to become a successful lawyer-entrepreneur.
- Do you dream of starting your own practice or “hanging your shingle”?
- Have the recent law firm mergers and shifts affected you?
- Are you re-evaluating your career and thinking about striking out on your own?
- Are you a law student with a plan to go straight into your own practice?
Our faculty of experienced lawyers will provide guidance and insight on every aspect of starting a law firm while sharing practice pointers on growing their own firms.
This lively program, which has been one of the most popular and valuable MBA seminars to date, includes a working, networking lunch for a chance to meet with colleagues who can help get you started.
General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Conference
Course #: GPA08
Thursday, Nov. 8, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Holiday Inn, Taunton
The MBA’s General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Section is excited to announce the General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Conference, to take place on Nov. 8 at the Holiday Inn in Taunton. This popular conference will feature networking opportunities, prize giveaways and exciting new panels organized in collaboration with many other MBA section councils. Highlights of the conference include:
- Two distinguished panels of judges from the District Court and Probate & Family Court;
- A substantive panel discussion on what every practitioner needs to know regarding divorce, estate planning, trusts and inheritances and deeds;
- An employment law panel discussion of common employment law issues faced by legal practices; and
- A “technology shootout” session featuring live demonstrations of software programs that promise to streamline and enhance your practice.
To register for either of these programs, call MBA Member Services at (617) 338-0530, [e-mail membership] or visit the CLE Web site.