Thursday, Mar. 12, 2009
Featured member benefit: Creative Ways To Use Your Law Degree Conference
Are you looking to explore what other career options exist in light of today’s uncertain economy?
Don't miss this timely conference which will examine alternative legal careers for those holding a law degree. Whether you are unhappy with your current legal career or just looking for a new career challenge, this full-day conference will offer insight on how to achieve career satisfaction. Attend and learn whether a job or career change is right for you, what options exist and the skills needed to make a successful transition.
This conference will feature Ursula Furi-Perry, author of the ABA-published book Fifty Unique Legal Paths: How to Find the Right Job. This book will be distributed to attendees.
- 8:30 a.m.: Registration
- 9 a.m.: Self assessment
- 10:15 a.m.: Morning break
- 10:30 a.m.: Consider your options
- 12 p.m.: Lunch
- 1 p.m.: Developing and implementing your career plan
- 2:30 p.m.: Afternoon break
- 2:45 p.m.: Afternoon workshops on resume writing; interviewing; networking; and stress management
- 4 p.m.: Discussion with panel members who are using their law degrees in non-traditional ways
- 5 p.m.: Networking reception
- MBA members: $100
- Nonmembers: $150
This conference in sponsored by the Lawyers in Transition Committee as a benefit to all members.