Thursday, Mar. 19, 2009
Attend tomorrow's FREE Legal Technology Expo
Register for a chance to win one of three raffle prizes
The Massachusetts Bar Association invites you to tomorrow's
(March 20) free Legal Technology Expo at the Sheraton
Framington Hotel from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. A
bonus hour of programming from 2 to 3 p.m. is sponsored by
Participants will have the opportunity to learn from dozens of
exhibitors about the latest products, services and systems to
make offices efficient and organized while saving time and
SESSION I: How to Improve Your Law Practice,
15 Minutes at a Time
- Desktop Scanning: Five Essential Steps for Success
- Document Management: Don't Let It Get Lost
- PDF: How To Make It Work For You
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR TIME
- Talking to Your Computer: See How "Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10"
Will Save You Time
- Outlook E-mail Tips: Five Tips to Control the E-mail Flood
- Marketing on the Net: Five Modern Tools
SESSION II: Compliance With the New Privacy Regulations
- On Jan. 1, 2010, Massachusetts will require any person or
organization with access to records containing personal information
about Massachusetts residents to protect those records. If your
organization does not have policies in place addressing data
protection, security breaches and destruction, they need to be
prepared and implemented.
BONUS HOUR OF PROGRAMMING
Search Engine Marketing For Law Firms
What is search marketing? How does it work?
What are the drivers of search?
The difference between search engine optimization (SEO) and
SEO & PPC best practices
Speakers: Provided by LexisNexis.
Attendees have the opportunity to win the following
Stay and a complimentary breakfast for two at New
England's finest luxury seaside resort, the Chatham Bars Inn on
Cape Cod (donated by Chatham Bars Inn): Attend
the expo for a chance to win a one's night stay at this
turn-of-the-century Inn nestled near the heart of Chatham on 25
beautifully landscaped acres overlooking Pleasant Bay and the
Atlantic Ocean. Valued at $400, the prize is subject to
availability and blackout dates.
Red Sox Tickets: (donated by the
Massachusetts Bar Association) A four-pack of tickets to see
the Boston Red Sox take on the Baltimore Orioles at 11:05 a.m. on
Marathon Monday, April 20.
Best Buy (donated by the MBA Insurance
Agency, Inc.): A $100 gift certificate to Best Buy.
The Legal Technology Expo will also feature dozens of companies
displaying their latest products and services for lawyers,
including these sponsors:
Nuance Communications Inc.
- Face to Face Live
- Hytech Management
- The Insurance Partnership
- Lawdex Secure Document Exchange
- Massachusetts Materials Research
- Metropolitan Telephone Co. Inc.
- New England Trial Services
- Northern Business Machines
- Paper Trace
- The ProfitPoint Group, Inc.
- TurboLaw Document Software and Time and Billing
To R.S.V.P. for the Legal
Technology Expo, call MBA Member Services at (617) 338-0530, [e-mail membership], or click here.