Thursday, Feb. 17, 2011
Massachusetts Law Review invites submissions
The Massachusetts Law Review, the longest continually
run law review in the country, encourages authors to submit
articles on matters relevant in Massachusetts. Whether articles
relate to family law, labor regulations or criminal justice trends,
the editorial board is interested in presenting a diverse range of
The Law Review is circulated around the world and
contains comprehensive analyses of Massachusetts law, commentary on
groundbreaking cases and legislation, and reviews of books of
interest to practitioners.
In evaluating submissions, the editorial board considers several
- Will the article be of interest to our membership?
- Is the topic relevant to Massachusetts practice?
- Is the topic timely?
- Does the author offer new insight?
- If the article attempts a balanced explanation of the law, does
it offer critical insight? That is, does it have depth, or is it
- If the article offers a specific point of view or argument,
does it educate the reader about all points of view, giving legal
and, if appropriate, historical or social context?
- Is the article well-written? Logical? Accurate?
Submit articles or proposals
MBA Periodicals Manager Bill Archambeault.
Detailed submission guidelines are available here.