Thursday, Apr. 26, 2012
From left to right: Lt. Gov. Timothy P. Murray and Massachusetts Secretary of Education S. Paul Reville.
MBA to host Monday's “Gateway Cities” forum in Worcester
Lt. Gov. Murray, Education Secretary Reville among featured speakers
Following the success of its debut forum in Dartmouth on Jan.
26, the Massachusetts Bar Association will host its second Gateway
Cities forum in Worcester next week, on Monday, April 30, beginning
at 5 p.m. in the Jury Room at the Worcester Trial Court, 225 Main
Lt. Gov. Timothy P. Murray and Massachusetts Secretary of Education
S. Paul Reville will be featured on a speaking panel comprised of
leaders who have long worked with the issues impacting the state's
Gateway Cities. Other panelists include:
- Michael F. Collins, MD, chancellor of University of
Massachusetts Medical School and senior vice president for Health
Sciences for UMass;
- Massachusetts Sen. Harriette L. Chandler (D-Worcester);
- Massachusetts Sen. Michael O. Moore (D-Millbury);
- Benjamin Forman, research director, MassINC; and
- Craig L. Blais, president, Worcester Business Development
Following brief presentations from the panel, the remainder of
the event will be devoted to an open discussion.
Those interested in
attending should R.S.V.P. to Gwen Landford at (617) 338-0694 or [e-mail glandford].