Thursday, Mar. 8, 2012
MBA President Richard P. Campbell.
MBA president appointed to UMass School of Law's Dean Search Committee
MBA President Richard P. Campbell has been appointed to the
search committee for a new permanent dean of the UMass School of
Law at UMass Dartmouth. The law school, which opened in 2010, is
the first and only public law school in Massachusetts, and has
presented itself for provisional candidacy with the American Bar
UMass School of Law appointed an interim dean to replace Robert V.
Ward Jr., who resigned in October 2011.
Campbell was also appointed to a five-year term on the
University of Massachusetts Board of Trustees in 2011 by Gov. Deval
Patrick. As a board of trustees appointee, Campbell helps govern
the University of Massachusetts system. Campbell received his BA
from the University of Massachusetts Boston in 1970.
In addition to Campbell, the search committee includes:
- Professor Frances Rudko, UMass School of Law, chair;
- The Hon. Phillip Rapoza, chief justice, Massachusetts Appeals
- John Quinn, Esq., director of Graduate Public Service, Center
for Civic Engagement;
- Professor Tesfay Meressi, associate dean, College of
- Professor Ralph Clifford, UMass School of Law;
- Professor Justine Dunlap, UMass School of Law;
- Professor Dylan Malagrino, UMass School of Law;
- Shannon Grindrod, student, UMass School of Law;
- Venoal Fountain, student, UMass School of Law Student;
- Ann Walsh-Folino, director, Graduate Academic Resources, School
of Law; and
- Clare Poirier (non-voting member), assistant chancellor, Office
of the Chancellor.