At its Nov. 15 meeting, the Massachusetts House of Delegates voted to:
• approve the following appointments to the Joint Bar Committee on Judicial Appointments:
Richard Van Nostrand of the MBA, Diane Tillotson of the Mass. Conveyancers Association, David DeLuca of Norfolk County Bar Association, Denise Squillante of the Bristol County Bar Association, Jeffrey L. McCormick of the Hampden County Bar Association and John P. Fitzgerald of the Essex County Bar Association.
• participate in the ABA Detention Standards Implementation Initiative.
• support and file legislation amending Chapter 209C, Section 11.
• oppose, in principle, House Docket 4270, an act restoring the rights of persons ordered to Financially support non-biological children.
• oppose, in principle, Senate Docket 1964, an act relative to establishing paternity.
• oppose, in principle, House Docket 485, an act providing visitation rights for great grandparents.
• oppose, in principle, House Docket. 484, an act relative to abuse prevention.
• support and file legislation amending G.L. c. 208 by adding §34E regarding civil vacate orders.
• support the filing of an amicus brief relative to grandparent visitation issues.• approve the following nominees to receive the 2001-2002 Access to Justice Public Service awards at the annual conference:
Prosecutor: Ralph MartinPro Bono Attorney: Patricia Bobba DonovanPro Bono Law Firm: Butler & MonksDefender: Beverly CannoneLegal Services Attorney: Andrew Steinberg
• support, in principle, Senate Docket 1082, an act providing for the establishment of an Environmental Appeals Board within the Executive Office Of Environmental Affairs.For more information, call Jean Stevens, (617) 338-0641 or email [e-mail stevens].