The MBA announces the "grand opening" of the Legal Tech Toolbox, a unique suite of technology products and services designed specifically for today's law-practice needs.
"Technology is an increasingly important part of our members' practice of law, in terms of their ability to both service clients and manage their offices," said MBA Executive Director Abigail Shaine. "However, the pace with which technology is changing makes it difficult for our members to keep abreast of what's new and appropriate for their practices.
"In partnership with several companies, we hope to give our members and their staffs the tools and training they need to take full advantage of the many software programs used daily in the practice of law. Through our new Legal Tech Toolbox, we anticipate that the Massachusetts Bar Association will become a key resource to our members not just for their law-related needs but also for their technology needs."
Among the "power tools" in the Legal Tech Toolbox are:
• The Casemaker Online Law Library, the MBA's extensive library of case law, rules, opinions and other information vital to the practice of law, including Massachusetts SJC decisions and Massachusetts court rules. Casemaker is unlimited, 24 hours a day, and completely free to all members of the MBA.
• In partnership with CompuWorks Systems, a Wakefield-based provider of technology training and services, the MBA now offers computer-training courses geared uniquely for lawyers and law offices. Offerings include Word for Legal Documents, PowerPoint for Legal Presentations, Excel for Law Firms and more.
• Today's business phone systems deliver much more than just dial tone and voice mail. Make your practice more successful by upgrading your phone system with LegalAdvantage from CTSource. Take advantage of an exclusive offer with special pricing just for MBA members.
• Share ideas, debate issues and seek your colleagues' input with the MBA's new e-Groups online discussion listservs. Start or join one in your section today!
• The MBA's newest publication is the weekly electronic newsletter Lawyers e-Journal. Find out the latest MBA news, announcements and CLE program offerings every Thursday morning, delivery right to your e-mail "in" box.
• LexisNexisô and the Massachusetts Bar Association re-announce the LexisNexis Member Benefit Program, which affords you access to the industry's premier source for legal content and more.
• Too busy to attend a CLE seminar in person? Log on to the MBA's new Online CLE program and choose from a vast catalog of courses available via the Internet. Simply set up your account and attend a session at your convenience.
• Thanks to the MBA's relationship with Sprint, you can take advantage of exclusive discounts on Sprint products and services. Above and beyond Sprint's low flat rates, members receive an additional 3-5% savings on Sprint's domestic and international calls, faxing, toll-free services, data services and Internet access.
For complete information on these and other MBA member benefits, go online to http://massbar.org/membership/mba_benefits/. For assistance, call the Member Service Center at (617) 338-0530 or toll-free 877-676-6500 or e-mail [e-mail membership]. TDD number: (617) 338-0587.