The MBA is cosponsoring "Mental Health Parity and Special Education - Advocating for Children," a CLE program, with the Health Law Section of the Boston Bar Association and Health Law Advocates, Inc.
The program will be held Friday, Sept. 19 from 9 a.m. to noon at the BBA Conference Center, 16 Beacon St., Boston. It is geared for lawyers and advocates who want to learn more about mental health parity and special education laws so they can more effectively represent families in securing mental health and educational services for their children.
Topics to be covered include:
• Mental health insurance benefits mandated for children in Massachusetts
• Overview of mental health services covered by special education
• Early Childhood Intervention services
• When private insurance can be used for special education costs
• Strategies for challenging an insurer's denial of coverage
• Strategies for resolving problems for children "stuck" in inappropriate care settings
More information is available by logging on to: http://www.bostonbar.org/cle/0304/cmh081403.htm