The historically preserved and newly renovated John Adams Courthouse on Boston's Pemberton Square is the new home to the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and the Massachusetts Appeals Court. The Social Law Library opened for business there Dec. 13.
The Appeals Court relocated from the Center Plaza complex on Jan. 21 and opened for business Monday, Jan. 24. The Supreme Judicial Court was scheduled to move from its present location at One Beacon Street and open for business on Monday, Jan. 31 in the John Adams Courthouse. All phone numbers will remain the same.
The main address is: John Adams Courthouse, 1 Pemberton Square, Boston, MA 02108. The following individual suite addresses and zip codes should be added to the main address:
• Supreme Judicial Court, Suite 2500, 02108-1750
• Appeals Court, Suite 3500, 02108-1767
• Supreme Judicial Court Justices, Suite 2200, 02108-1735
• Appeals Court Clerk's Office, Suite 1200, 02108-1705
• Supreme Judicial Court Administrative Office, Suite 2300, 02108-1741
• SJC Clerk for the Commonwealth, Suite 1400, 02108-1724
• Social Law Library, Suite 4100, 02108-1792
• SJC Clerk for Suffolk County, Suite 1300, 02108-1707
• Public Information Office, Suite 1100, 02108-1723
Named in 2002 in honor of John Adams, native son of Massachusetts, because of his significant contributions to the role of the judiciary, including authorship of the Massachusetts Constitution, the John Adams Courthouse will be a living monument and serve as both a judicial and legal educational center for the community at large. It will welcome visitors of all ages to learn about the development and history of the law in Massachusetts through exhibits, educational programs, and special events in keeping with the spirit of John Adams's own passion for learning and his interest in an educated citizenry.