The MBA Nominating Committee in accordance with association bylaws has issued its report recommending officers and delegates for the 2005-2006 association year. The report was accepted as no challenges by petition to the slate of nominees were received.
Warren F. Fitzgerald of Meehan, Boyle, Black & Fitzgerald of Boston automatically succeeds to the office of president on Sept. 1 when Kathleen M. O'Donnell's term as president concludes. This year, Fitzgerald has served as president-elect.
The committee selected Mark D. Mason of Cooley Shrair, PC, of Springfield to serve as president-elect.
Vice presidents will be Edward W. McIntyre of Clinton and Valerie A. Yarashus of Sugarman and Sugarman, PC, of Boston. Serving as treasurer will be David W. White-Lief of Breakstone White-Lief & Gluck, PC, of Boston. Denise Squillante of Fall River will serve as secretary.
Fitzgerald has been an active member of the Massachusetts Bar Association for several years, serving in each officer position and as past chair of the Civil Litigation Section Council. Additionally, Fitzgerald is a Life Fellow of the Massachusetts Bar Foundation.
Fitzgerald, who received his bachelor's and law degrees from Boston University, is a trial lawyer who concentrates in all areas of personal injury litigation. He also has served as president of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys.
In addition to his service as an MBA officer, Fitzgerald has served the association in the following capacities: former co-chair, Court Study Task Force; co-chair, Presidential Task Force on the Preservation of Rights, Liberties and Access to Justice; chair, MBA Budget and Finance Committee; chair, Civil Litigation Section Legislation Committee; chair and mediator, Massachusetts Bar Association, Suffolk County Mediation Project; member, Executive Management Board, Budget and Finance Committee, Budget and Finance Committee Investment Subcommittee, House of Delegates, Executive Committee, Civil Litigation Section Council and Community Services Committee.
Regional delegates are:
• Paul G. Farrell, Falmouth (Region 1: Barnstable/Dukes/Nantucket Counties);
• Andrew H. Schwartz, Brockton (Region 2: Plymouth County);
• William E. McKeon, Jr., Fall River (Region 3: Bristol County);
• Mark I. Berson, Greenfield (Region 4: Berkshire/Franklin/Hampshire Counties);
• Lisa L. Brodeur-McGan, Springfield (Region 5: Hampden County);
• Alan S. Pierce, Salem and Steven L. Wollman, Swampscott (Region 6: Essex County);
• Hodges A. Brown, Jr., Cambridge, Michael C. Fee, Sudbury and Lee J. Gartenberg, Billerica (Region 7: Middlesex County);
• Fern L. Frolin, Wellesley and Katherine A. Hesse, Quincy (Region 8: Norfolk County);
• Alice B. Burkin, Boston, Marianne C. LeBlanc, Boston, John J. Morrissey, Boston and John Carroll, Boston (Region 9: Suffolk County); and
• Thomas A. Manning, Worcester and Geoffrey E. Spofford, Worcester (Region 10: Worcester County).