Casemaker 1.0 recently upgraded to version 2.0. The upgrade brings enhanced functionality and a more streamlined process for conducting legal research.
Unlimited Casemaker use remains free to MBA members as part of your association membership and is easily accessible through www.massbar.org. It is important to note that your Casemaker member benefit allows unlimited document browsing, whereas other publishers, including Westlaw, are beginning to charge per document viewed for their browse features.
Casemaker 2.0 enhancements include:
• “Nationwide Collections” searches, which allow users to search multiple state libraries simultaneously;
• Immediate access to the Massachusetts library upon log-in;
• The ability to begin a search by hitting the ENTER key, rather than by clicking on the bull’s-eye icon;
• The availability of case law and statutes for all 50 states;
• Circuit court case law going back to 1950 in the new and improved federal library; and
• Supreme Court decisions going back to the Court’s inception.
In addition, users will soon be able to search case law and statutes for all of the New England states at once with a single click of the mouse.
To access Casemaker, or for more information on the upgrade enhancements, go to www.massbar.org. Visit the MBA Calendar online to learn more about Casemaker training in your area.