Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is an increasingly popular
means of resolving disputes without litigation. The process employs
practices and techniques outside of the judicial system. Benefits
of ADR include:
- Preserves important relationships between parties;
- Builds client-lawyer relationship;
- Permits parties to have more control over the outcome of the
- Allows private and confidential setting for lawyers and
- Allows parties to have a variety of possible options for
- Enhances client satisfaction;
- Offers parties an economical and efficient way to resolve
- Provides parties a forum in which to be heard; and
- Can offer parties an impartial sounding board.
Click here to learn more about ADR and for
information on the MBA's ADR Committee.