Top: MBF President Harvey Weiner presents the Great Friend of Justice Award to Susan M. Finegan of Mintz.
Middle: 2019 MBF Board of Trustees.
Bottom: MBF Executive Director Elizabeth M. Lynch with Susan M. Finegan, Lonnie A. Powers and Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Chief Justice Ralph D. Gants.
More than 140 Massachusetts Bar Foundation Fellows, grantees and friends attended its Annual Meeting on March 5, at the Federal Reserve Building in Boston. The highlight of the evening was the presentation of the Great Friend of Justice Award to Susan M. Finegan, chair of Mintz’s Pro Bono Committee.
Also at the event, the MBF honored 15 lawyers and judges who recently completed philanthropic pledges to the MBF Society of Fellows, and listened to remarks by MBF grant recipient Alexandra Peredo Carroll, interim managing attorney for Kids in Need of Defense (KIND), who spoke about her work assisting unaccompanied immigrant children.
Elections were held for the coming year, and the MBF elected the following officers and trustees:
- President Harvey Weiner, Peabody & Arnold LLP, Boston
- Vice President Richard J. Grahn, Law Office of Richard J. Grahn, Mattapoisett
- Treasurer Angela C. McConney Scheepers, Division of Administrative Law Appeals, Boston
- Secretary David C. Henderson, Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP, Boston
- Corey M. Carvalho, Hampshire Probate & Family Court, Northampton
- John T. Lynch, Davis, Malm & D’Agostine PC, Boston
- Hon. Scott D. Peterson, Mass. District Court, Hingham
- Kimberly E. Winter, McLaughlin, Richards, Biller, Schindel & Winter LLP, Natick
- G. Perry Wu, Law Office of G. Perry Wu, Wellesley
- Iris Taymore Schnitzer, Law Office of Iris Taymore Schnitzer, Boston
Click here to see photos from the event.