The Massachusetts Bar Association held its most recent Dial-A-Lawyer program on Wednesday, Sept. 7. Thirteen attorneys volunteered to answer questions on a night when Dial-A-Lawyer received 156 calls.
The MBA has sponsored a monthly Dial-A-Lawyer program as a public service since March 1991, with volunteer attorneys typically answering callers’ legal questions from a phone bank at the MBA’s Boston office. Through the implementation of new technology in May 2020, the MBA has been able to continue offering this public service virtually during the pandemic at a time when many residents have critical legal questions related to their health, homes and employment. Moving to a remote-only platform has also made it easier for attorney volunteers to take part since they no longer have to travel to the MBA’s office and can take calls anonymously right from their own home or office computers.
Thank you to the following members who donated their time and expertise to the Sept. 7 Dial-A-Lawyer program:
- Madison F. Bader, Lawson & Weitzen LLP, Boston
- Josephine Babiarz, Attorney at Law, Arlington
- Nicole J. Belbin, Attorney at Law, Springfield
- Daniel S. Gindes, Law Office of Daniel Gindes, Marblehead
- Philip M. Howe, Attorney at Law, Boston
- Paul J. Klehm, Krasnoo, Klehm & Falkner LLP, Andover
- (Sam) Shlomo Lambroza, Law Office of Sam Lambroza, Boston
- Peter D. McDermott, Law Office of Peter D. McDermott, Hopkinton
- Samuel A. Segal, Law Offices of Samuel A. Segal, Boston
- Michael R. St. Louis, Law Office of Michael St. Louis, Manchester, NH
- Parker L. Williams, Melick Porter LLP, Boston
- Jonathan J. Wynne, Lee, Myers & O'Connell, Wellesley
- Paul F. Zerola, Zerola & Associates PC, Weston
Interested in volunteering?
Dial-A-Lawyer offers a terrific opportunity for attorneys looking for a pro bono activity that fits well with their busy schedules and can be done from their own home or office. If you are interested in volunteering for an upcoming Dial-A-Lawyer, please email email@example.com. Volunteers will be provided with a link, username, password, detailed instructions and updated resources before each monthly program.