Twenty-four Massachusetts Bar Association volunteers received a record 237 calls during the most recent Dial-A-Lawyer program on Wednesday, Aug. 3.
The high number of callers who received free legal assistance coincides with an overall increase in participation since the monthly program shifted to a fully remote format in May 2020. Traditionally held at the MBA's Boston office during the first 29 years of the program, Dial-A-Lawyer now attracts volunteers from across Massachusetts and from neighboring states.
Thank you to the following members who donated their time and expertise to the Aug. 3 Dial-A-Lawyer program:
- Josephine C. Babiarz, Attorney at Law, Arlington
- Nicole J. Belbin, Attorney at Law, Belchertown
- Nathan H. Bench, Andros, Floyd & Miller PC Hartford, Connecticut
- Katherine Connolly, Wilson Elser, Boston
- Bruce W. Edmands, Attorney at Law (ret.), Waban
- Rebekah B. Hain, Law Offices of Rebekah Hain, Swampscott
- Melissa A. Lanouette, Resilience Law, Norwell
- Claude B. Lavallee, Law Office of Claude B. Lavallee, Lexington
- Matthew R. Manuszak, Coughlin Betke LLP, Brighton
- John G. Mateus, Law Office of John G. Mateus ,Attorney at Law, Esq, Woburn
- Peter D. McDermott, Law Office of Peter D. McDermott, Hopkinton
- Frank R. Mulé, Samuel Sayward & Bales LLC, Dedham
- Tepe J. Nyada, Attorney at Law, Somerville
- Jon Michael Probstein, Law Offices of Jon Michael Probstein, Levittown, New York
- Laura F. Riccio, Fedele & Murray PC, Norwood
- Maria Robles, Boston Public Health Commission, Boston, MA
- Cindy E. Salazar, Law Office of Cindy Salazar, Attleboro
- Jonathan Sales, Attorney at Law, Newton
- Samuel A. Segal, Law Offices of Samuel A. Segal, Boston
- Janelle A. Tanenbaum, Seder & Chandler LLP, Worcester
- Reid M. Wakefield, Mirick, O'Connell, DeMallie & Lougee LLP, Westborough
- Parker L. Williams, Melick & Porter LLP, Boston
- Jonathan Wynne, Attorney at Law, Jamaica Plain
- Joblin C. Younger, Law Office of Joblin C. Younger PC, Beverly
Interested in volunteering?
Dial-A-Lawyer offers a terrific opportunity for attorneys looking for a pro bono activity that fits well with their busy schedules and can be done from their own home or office. If you are interested in volunteering for an upcoming Dial-A-Lawyer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers will be provided with a link, username, password, detailed instructions and updated resources before each monthly program.